Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting a Hyundai Getz

Deciding on getting a Hyundai Getz was fairly easy. Deciding to finally invest on a car took four years to do since I kept procrastinating and convincing myself that commuting was fairly easy anyway. I started saving up for a car in 2007 and just tucked away the money. The clincher happened last holiday season when I missed getting to two meetings because I couldn't get a cab. I also had the misfortune of riding cabs with sinister drivers. So I gave up and decided to finally invest in a car.

By 2011 I'm going to graduate myself from commuting.

That was my target so I started doing some research online to compare several car brands. I just wanted a small, easy to drive, inexpensive, but safe car. My Mom warned me against buying a tiny car because it would be dangerous to drive out on the highway. "Baka matangay ka ng hangin at malalaking truck," she said. So I made sure I'd find a car which wasn't tiny and had an engine that would last. I'm not that techie when it comes with cars, so I also got the advise of some friends.

I chose to get a manual Hyundai Getz  (upgraded) because it fit my needs. It's small, but surprisingly spacious inside. The price wasn't so bad and I read quite a number of testimonials about it being reliable and safe. The car dealer where I got it also maintains a car service station and is just 15 minutes away from home. So by late December 2010 I shimmied over to Hyundai Sucat to check out the Getz. I admit that I found the i10 much more cute, but I had to stick to my "requirements".

I was really bent on getting a car so after checking it out and doing some last minute comparisons I filled out an application form and waited. Applying for a loan in late December isn't a good time to do it, so we ended up working on it early in January. Several banks called me up and I was eventually informed by my agent, Chris Lee, that my loan was approved.

It was only in the week of February 7th that I managed to work on my documents and finally make a downpayment for my car, but in less than a week my shiny new Hyundai Getz was delivered!

Hyundai Sucat (map) - it's near the Skyway ramp
No. 8406 Dr. A. Santos Avenue, Brgy. BF
Sucat, ParaƱaque City
hyundaisucat@ymail.com
Telephone: (02) 829-6290 to 92
Fax: (02) 826-8160
Sales: (02) 829-6290 to 92
Parts & Service: (02) 829-0434 / (02) 829-0572
CRD: (02) 826-8130

No comments:

Post a Comment