Friday, February 25, 2011

Our First "Long" Drive

My driving "boundary" in the last decade is Paranaque. My Dad did not want me to learn how to drive. I was stubborn though and enrolled myself at the A1 driving school when I was 21 years old. My Mom encouraged me to learn and my skills were further honed by our drivers, haha. Eventually my Mom would get me to do some tasks that required driving and I became an expert at ducking away from crazy tricycle drivers. My Dad gave up and eventually let me drive around, but only around Paranaque.

Anyway, I had the chance to test my driving skills last Sunday. We were scheduled to have lunch with my in-laws and I wanted to show them Minnie, so off we went to McKinley Hill after hearing mass and the blessing. I chose the route that I was most comfortable with.

My nerves were frazzled. I even had to ask the boys to be quiet so I can concentrate on driving. After awhile though I got comfortable and started chatting with them. I think hubby though was tense all the way to and from McKinley Hill. Haha! Minnie is easy to drive. I love how the it turns easily at the slightest touch of the steering wheel and its easy to make siksik in traffic too because it's small.


I drove a total of 25 kilometers on that day (no traffic! Whew!) and barely made a dent on the gas. Compared to my past driving experiences driving a Hyundai Getz is a walk in the park (provided there's no heavy traffic, buses and jeepneys!).

No comments:

Post a Comment