Sunday, February 20, 2011

Minnie's First Day Out

Gio advised that I should work on completing my first 1,000 kilometers as soon as I can since that would determine the car's health for the rest of its life. I had meetings the day after Minnie was delivered so I thought it would be a good chance to break her in a bit. I couldn't imagine myself driving Minnie to Quezon City so I enlisted the help of my Mom's driver.

As I learned from my husband when he got his car I made sure I had the documents on hand in the car in case we get flagged down by a policeman since Minnie doesn't have a plate number yet. The vehicle invoice and purchase agreement is good to go only for a week, so I'll have to get an extension letter from Hyundai to be safe.

Anyway, we were lucky on our first day out. We got some gas from Shell and a full tank cost around PhP1,830 (meep!). We had to travel from south to north for my meeting, so we took the Skyway up to Magallanes.



And then traversed EDSA then N. Domingo to get to Quezon City.



On the way home we were supposed to go the same way, but got confused with the turns and ended up in EDSA. The buses were quite horrifying, good thing I had someone drive for me hehe. Anyway, Minnie got home safe and sound and covered around 40 kilometers the whole day. Not bad at all.


And the whole trip didn't make a dent on the gas. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment